Weightlifter, and paleo-treat-maker Kathleen Goller of Primal Treats and Eats (Ludlow, MA) a healthy baked goods company and optimal nutrition blog, has always been a loyal Fuel For Fire fan. And who doesn't want to be friendly back with someone who makes guilt-free cake pops?
With her heart set on making healthy treats made from real food that taste great, Kathleen decided to experiment with adding one of her favorite snacks, Fuel For Fire, to her recipes. The result is not only delicious, but packs a punch of protein and healthy carbs, too!
Kathleen's mouthwatering "Monkey Fuel Bars" made with Banana Cocoa Fuel For Fire + a short list of real-food ingredients, are absolutely BANANAS! These tasty morsels have been a staple on the Primal Treats and Eats menu for a few years, and now we're excited to be able to finally share this amazing recipe with our fans!
Check the recipe for Primal Treats and Eats "Monkey Fuel Bar":
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 Fuel For Fire Banana Cocoa
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 TB coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-2oz dark chocolate, melted (topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add banana, fuel for fire, almond butter, eggs and coconut oil in a large bowl and mash/mix until fully incorporated
- In a separate bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until no chunks remain
- Pour batter into greased (use coconut oil) 8×8 baking dish (I made a 1/2 recipe and used this amazing baking pan to make the mine)
- Bake for 17-18 mins, let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
- Once cool, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or double boiler
- Drizzle chocolate over each square (I use wilton decorating bags to help with this) and pop them in the fridge for about 10 minutes until the chocolate has cooled and solidified again
PRIMAL TREATS AND EATS/KATHLEEN GOLLER
Kathleen Goller is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts with a BS in Biology. She is the founder of Primal Treats and Eats baked goods and optimal health nutrition blog. For more from Kathleen, visit her blog: https://primaltreatsandeats.wordpress.com