Sweet Potato Apple Paleo Muffins
These muffins are a gift from the angels of fall. They will fill your home with the snuggly aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Not to mention they are a delicious healthy snack and are complimented extremely well by a steaming cup of coffee.
1 Cup Almond Meal
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (+ 1-2 TBSP for topping)
6 TBSP Arrowroot Powder
1 heaping TBSP Cinnamon (or 1/2 TBSP Cinnmon + 1/2 TBSP Apple Pie Spice (Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice)
3 tsp Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1 Sweet Potato Apple Fuel For Fire
1/2 Cup Water
3 TBSP Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
3. Combine wet ingredients in a seperate bowl and mix.
4. Combine wet into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, eliminating any clumps.
5. Place muffin liners in muffin tins (I like parchment or tinfoil best) lined with coconut oil.
6. Pour batter evenly throughout, about 3/4 full.
7. Sprinkle a little extra Coconut Sugar on top of every muffin.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let cool 5-10 minutes, then enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.
(Would also be delicious with walnuts or pecans!)